Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love you store bought baby food!

My little Lu turned 4 months old and I began the wonderful journey into solid foods! After reading every article ever written by everyone from highly educated pediatricians to family bed, breastfeeding for the first four years, everything organic health nuts; I realized that no one knew what they were talking about. "Start only rice cereal at 6 months" "When your baby starts to show interest in your food, start letting her try pureed foods" I talked to my mom, my best friend, strangers at the grocery store...and eventually decided I was going to make it up as I went along. I started with rice cereal around four months, and oh man! She was hooked. Then came veggies, then fruits, and by 6 months, she was eating 2 servings of cereal, and a serving of vegetables and fruits, and weighted 17lbs 6ozs! (Luckily, she is super long also, so she isn't just a chunky monkey) I love letting her try new things and seeing her face. (She's not a fan of hummus...) I wanted her to try something other than the usual sweet potatoes and apples so I decided to try and make my own baby food. I bought some plums and Googled how to make food. After about an hour of carefully simmering, peeling, pitting, and pureeing the plums I realized something. It is TOTALLY worth the money for store bought baby food. I can get good organic food, perfectly prepared and stored. WORTH IT! So now I'm a bottle feeding, store bought food mom, and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment