Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How to start a diet. The Amber way.

Like anything you want to accomplish, and accomplish well, going on a diet requires some planning and preparation. I usually have to spend some time getting my head wrapped around the idea, before I can just jump in. Here's my "day before the diet" (which was yesterday)

8:00 am - Wake up feeling great! Think "I will do this! I will give up sugar! I will eat more fruits and veggies! I will stop drinking coffee!"
8:15 am - Pour first cup of coffee. Decide never to make life altering decisions before drinking coffee. 
8:30 am - Start a Pinterest board full of fitness inspiration
start with this one:

And then find this one:

And then find this:


9:30 am - Decide I was born in the wrong era. Google "Time Machine".

10:00 am - Remember how awesome Doctor Who is. Find a blog all about Matt Smith's hair.

-----waste 2 hours on the internet-----

12:00 pm - Husband calls and asks what's for Lunch. Throw dinosaur chicken nuggets and tator tots in the oven. 

12:15 pm - Tell Siri to remind me to make a healthy lunch tomorrow

12:30 pm - Don't eat a second helping of tator tots. Give myself a mental high five "I will be skinny!"

12:45 pm - Find the last piece of pie. Make a very convincing rationalization as to why I should eat it. 

1:00 pm - Don't feel even a little bit guilty for eating that pie. Wish there was another piece.

1:30 pm - Feeling very full, slightly regretting eating the pie. Decide to sleep it off.

2:30 pm - Wake up feeling great! Think "I will do this! I will give up not eat so much sugar! I will eat more fruits and veggies! I will stop drinking coffee!"

4:00 pm - Go to the grocery story to stock up on healthy snacks. Avoid the cookie aisle like it's the plague.

6:00 pm - Make dinner. Only eat one serving. Wish there was pie left.

9:00 pm - Husband goes to get ice cream to make milk shakes. Hide in my room and watch Felicity on Netflix until he's done. 

See! I'm totally doing this! I'm motivated! I'm prepared! Here's how today has gone so far:

8:00 am - Wake up feeling...well...normal. Thank my past self for not giving up coffee.

8:30 am - Look at my collection of Cocoa Pebbles and Fruit Loops. Wish I had a giant donut. Make an "Oatmeal in a Mug" recipe I found on pinterest. 




8:45 am - Decide it needs more sugar...and maybe deep frying.

9:00 am - Sit down to do devotions. Read every passage on "self control" and pretend they are talking about not eating junk food. 

10:00 am - Decide I should most defiantly write a blog post about my new, innovative dieting plan. 

So there it is. I'm on a diet. Today at least...well this morning...I think there's some ice cream in the freezer...









2 comments:

  1. Oh Amber, how I love your honesty and just being real! This sounds like everyone who has ever decided to start a diet!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I just read that whole think to Mike your "brother-in-law" (since we are supposedly sisters since I married a Kreider too) even though we never talk. Your blog has brought me immense joy on this lovely chilly Montana afternoon :)
    -Crystal Kreider

    ReplyDelete