Monday, January 10, 2011

There is something about mittens that make me weepy.


I don't know if it's because I've been out of school to long, or what, but I cannot find a way to describe the way I felt standing at my kitchen window, making hot chocolate, and watching my husband play in the snow with our daughter. (I've obviously been out of school to long, that sentence was way to long.) She loved every second of it. She was laughing, squealing really. Chasing the dog, throwing snow, and waving at me from the window. I almost lost it when she came in for a mitten switch, and I saw tiny pink mittens, covered in snow, laying on the counter. I feel consumed with love for her. Babies have a sweet, new, holding still quality about them, but there is something wonderfully intoxicating about a toddler. Running around, playing pretend, and yelling BUH BYE!

I have nothing incredibly awesome to say about any of this. I just wanted to share that I love my Lucy, and she loves the snow. And she's probably the cutest snow bunny you've ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. She looks like a cute innocent snow bunny...but I feel like as soon as I'd turn my back on her she would get this evil smile and throw a snowball at me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Amy. That might totally happen.

    ReplyDelete