Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stella.



This is one of the first pictures I have of Lucy and Stella. They have been best friends since before Lucy was born. I will always remember carrying Stella around, sitting on my belly full of Lucy. This sweet little girl taught me so much about being a mom before I squeezed Lucy out. I've loved her since the first time I saw her in the hospital, tiny, hooked up to scary machines, and making raccoon noises. She has made me laugh until I cried, and, lets be honest, peed my pants. I am thankful to be her "aunt" and even more thankful that my sassy little Lucy has a best friend.





Whether she likes it or not.

What I love about these two babies, is that they are so black and white, in every way.

Stella is a rock. An athlete. I'm pretty sure she could beat me up if she wanted. She is tough, laughing when she falls. Lucy is a noodle. She can put her feet behind her head. She always sits with her legs in a "W". She cries if she almost falls. She has been affectionately called "Dough Baby" and rightfully so.

Stella loves to laugh. She has an infectious, hearty laughter. She's been that way since she was old enough to laugh. There is one person in the whole world who can make her laugh so hard, she literally has an asthma attack. Joe Baughman. Lucy thinks Joe is scary. She yells "NO!" and runs away when he tries to chase her. She does love sweet quiet Michael Baughman. Lucy does laugh, and is hilarious, but is not so quickly won over as Stella.

I could write a whole post on their sleeping habits, which fascinate me. Stella will not sleep if there is anyone over. She does not want to be left out. She spends hours laughing and talking her self to sleep. Lucy has literally slept next door to a rock band. She is 18 months and is currently sleeping in a "big girl" bed, because for her, when it's time to sleep, nothing else matters.

Oh and also, Stella is black and Lucy is white. Really white. You should see her dance. Poor girl doesn't have an ounce of color in her.



These two babies have taught each other so much already. Lucy happily passed on her love of the word "NO!" to her bff, and Stella somehow managed to teach Lucy to announce when she pooped. Ok, maybe they haven't been the best influence on each other...yet. I do believe as they grow up, they will grow closer together, and learn so much from each other.

Stella came to see Lucy in the hospital when she was born, and one year ago, Lucy and I got to be at Stella's official "birth" into the Badertscher family. I'll never forget weeping in that tiny room as a judge confirmed what we had known since the day Carrie and I drove her home from the hospital. Stella was one of us. Forever and always. (I say "us", because I have officially wormed my way into the family. David loves it.) I am thankful for this sweet sugar bee. She is incredible. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to spend every moment they can with her.

Well. This post has been random and sappy. I will just leave you with one of my favorite picture of the girls. They are best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment