Sunday, December 18, 2011

And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.


I turned 26 on Friday. Which seems crazy old. I am officially closer to 30 than 20. Although, I still feel pretty young compared to all my loved ones who are turning 30! (holy crap that's old). I had a wonderful birthday weekend.
I started out having lunch with some of my favorite ladies

I love every moment I get to spend with these girls. And to top it off, I got to eat every kind of noodle/rice at the chinese buffet. Great time. 

And then I went to a meeting for conVERGE. Most people would hate to go to a 3 hour meeting on their birthday, but...I love meetings. I really do. Probably because my meetings are for cool things like youth events, instead of budget meetings and the like. And there was coffee. Great time. 

I enjoyed an easy evening, and got to go out to dinner with Lucy and some of my favorite fellows. I married one of them. The rest are still up for grabs. Any takers? (They hate that.) 

I spent most of Saturday listening to those fellows practicing for their show that night. I felt overwhelmed with joy watching this and listening to live Christmas music coming from my basement
Snow. Finally. It's all gone now, but I love it so. And so does my little pink snow bunny. She LOOOVES it. She's desperate for it. I will beg the good Lord every night to send us some for Christmas. 

Saturday night Joe, Kevin and Michael played at the Electric Brew. I love live music. I love it more when my friends are playing it. It was a wonderful evening out.  By the time I went to bed that night, my cup overflowed. 


Today, Sunday, we baked a million cookies at my mom's house. Lucy consumed enough sugar to...well...do permeant damage of some sort I'm sure. And then we came home, cuddle up, and I introduced her to White Christmas. My FAVORITE. 
I felt weepy the whole time. I don't know why. I just really love Christmas maybe. But there is something incredible about sharing traditions with your kid. I loved that she thought the ballerinas were Barbies, and she kept yelling "SING JINGLE BELLS!".  

This is Christmas. Family, a belly full of cookies, great movies, decorations, and Bing Crosby singing "Count Your Blessings".

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings



I am so blessed. So many good friends, that make me laugh and fill me with so much joy. A sweet little family in a sweet little house away from the hustle and bustle of life. Oh...and this: 

Who doesn't love a Keurig?! Hello perfect single cup of coffee when ever I want it. 

Note: I do know that Christmas isn't about cookies and Bing Crosby...although....no, no it's not. I actually have a post in the works about the true meaning, so keep a look out. I'm not a heathen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment