Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Bathroom Remodel: Before and After



There are quite a few things I'll miss about my house when we finally do move. Like the view from my front window.



And the big back yard that Lucy loves to run around in:





But what I'll miss the most is my new, beautiful bathroom.

It was a nasty mess before. First time DIYers + an old bathroom = this:

Maybe not the worst you've ever seen, but let me walk you through the major issues:

#1 Huge, ugly vanity. 
this vanity was big for this tiny bathroom, and left you with not much room by the toilet. Also, it was not the prettiest counter top.

#2 Poorly/Half done shower

There were some issues with the old shower, so within the last year or so, Jeff ripped it all out, and replaced it with a cheap shower surrond. Well...it didn't quite work as well as we hoped, and he never completely finished the tile on top. 

#3 Peel and Stick Floors
Honestly, not terrible. And we were pretty proud because we did this ourself.  But they were looking old and dingy and if you look closely you can tell which one we had to replace, because it's a different color. 

#4 The Walls

We had the basic damage from tearing down wall paper, but we also had this. 

Yuck. This was from our not so well done shower redo. 

It's hard to believe what a little money and some professionals can do.

Before
After




Everything was redone, and done well, and professionally. I'm so thankful for our friend Chuck at Renovation Creations for putting together this beautiful bathroom. You can be sure, I'll be calling him when we move to the next house. Because in our budget, I just keep finding bathrooms like this:
Yikes. 












3 comments:

  1. DOUBLE SHOWER CURTAINS!!!

    I love a good before and after post :) That vanity is so neat, what with the rounded sink basin and pull out storage. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much guys. I love the way you posted this Amber. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine! Don't you love the double shower curtain?! A pinterest find. haha.

    ReplyDelete