Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I have lots of ideas:

I haven't posted in a while, but it's not due to lack of ideas. In fact, I have so many, I'm not sure where to start. So I'll do what every administrative type does, and make a list:

 1. The bathroom remodel: A two part series. We had our bathroom redone, and I'd like to not only share the amazing before and after shots, but I'd like to dedicate a whole post to the week Lucy and I lived at my parents house.


2. What Lucy eats. This may be a really short post, or really long. I'm starting to actually figure out how to get this girl to eat real food on a daily basis, and want to share my tips and tricks.

3. Tuesdays with Grandpa. I'd love this to become a fairly regular series. My dad has offered to hang out with Lucy on his Tuesdays off whenever possible, to give me a break, and him some bonding time/child labor. I also have fantastic in-laws who love having Lucy whenever I have a meeting or something I need to work on without a two year old at my feet. I was inspired by another blogger I follow, Abby, who has "Single Ladies Wednesday". I feel our days will look rather similar, somedays being great adventures with friends, somedays not wearing pants. My favorite SLW post was a guest post by Katherine, who talked about all the things she misses about being a single lady. I laughed out loud when she talked about Panera Bread. It is a favorite spot of mine and Lucy's, because daddy doesn't understand overpriced bread like we do.


4. Camp without my BFF. People always ask me what it's like working without Carrie. It's hard. And sometimes, I really hate it, because I just really like her. We work perfect together. But I'm working on a team for Teen Camp that I actually kind of like. Old friends and new faces are blending together nicely, and I think it will make for one rocking week of camp.



5. Container Gardening. I really like growing things, and am excited to have a summer off to do so, however, I will be real mad if we move and I have to leave behind all my hard work. So I've been discovering all the wonderful things you can plant in pots. I love reading blog posts (like this one, from Rachel) on gardening. So I thought you might too! Disclosure: I'm not really great at growing things. I tend to kill things pretty easily.



6. My child: The Fashionista. Honestly, I just want to have a place to put all the pictures of how cute Lucy is. Like this one:


and probably the biggest:

7. For Sale: Our Home.

  Our house is officially for sale. It's a hard process, getting your house ready to sell. Where do you PUT everything, if people are going to LOOK at everything? But it's on the market now, and we are looking for homes in the South Bend/ Granger area, with 3 bedrooms and a basement for Jacob. It's stressful, and a little depressing to be selling a home in such a horrible housing market, in ELKHART none the less. But we I am staying really optimistic. I'm hoping for a pool by summer! I really love this little house we are in, and I'm hoping someone else will fall in love with it after their first drive by, like I did. I will desperatly miss this view from my front window:




 I'd like to eventually do a guest post with lot's of moms voices about Discipline. Spanking no spanking, time outs, yelling, punishments. I'd love all my blog moms to write a post about it I could link to, and maybe get some awesome non blogging mommies in on it too. Whadda think? Any takers?

So that's it. I think I'll start with the bathroom remodel. There's some good stuff there, great pictures. Keep your eyes peeled for lots of posts coming! For now, it's nap time, and I think I'll join Lucy today in celebrating the wonders of nap time.

1 comment: