Saturday, April 14, 2012

Old Navy's Bottoms Bonanza

I'm an official sponsored blogger. I think I'm famous.

My husband and I (mostly my husband) do a lot of product testing/online survey stuff. It's real fun, my favorite is when a box of cookies came in the mail one day to try. Best mail day EVER! Well, recently I was given an opportunity to host an "Old Navy Bottoms Bonanza" party in the store. I was told to get together my "3 most stylish friends", so I called up Carrie and told her she could come if she brought two stylish girls with her. We went to Old Navy today to try on lots of new spring fashions, and pick out our favorite bottom/shoe combination. We took Stella along, because, well let's be honest, she's the most stylish one out of all of us.

Women's Linen-Blend Shirtdress
Here she is hugging me after I tried on this great dress. Ok, Ok. That's not me...but great dress right? To bad it only comes in shocking yellow and white. Neither are good colors for me.

So we loaded up a couple carts and headed to the fitting rooms. The first thing I tried on? Shocking pink skinny jeans OBVIOUSLY! 

The Rock Star Super Skinny Jeans in Avenue Pink


Dear chubby girls over 25: Don't wear shocking pink skinny pants. It's not pretty. 

Women's 3" denim shorts
The girls (NeNe on the left, Lexi on the right) looked super cute in their jean shorts and pink tank tops! They loved the shorts and I think those are the ones they decided to get. You'll begin to see a trend in these pictures, where Lexi and NeNe dress alike and look awesome, and I look like a crazy old lady who's photo bombing them. 

Women's Pocket Tea Length Swing Skirt


I actually really love this skirt, do you think I look like an old lady? This is the one I decided to get.  I need a different top with it, but it's so comfy. I wanted to rock the whole maxi dress/skirt trend, but I couldn't handle anything that long. Suggestions for tops?
I love the girl's chevron inspired pink striped skirts.  I maybe want 12 of them in different colors for summer. I love this one that's only online.

Carrie is a hard person to get a picture of, but I did manage to snap this great one.

Denim capris, French Terry Henley Hoodie,  Sueded Espadrille Flats
I really love this whole outfit, my friend Carrie is pretty stylish. 

The girl's put a lot more thought into putting outfits together. 



Denim Mini 
I only put together one decent outfit: I actually loved this shirt. I bought it, even though it was full price. I NEVER do that. Expect to see it a lot this summer. I loved the skirt too, but the pockets sat a little to forward for my tastes. These shoes? Perfect. Bought them, and love them.

Lightweight Button Front Sleeveless,  Button Front Pencil Skirt,  Braided Mid-Wedge Sandals

Ok, let's get real for a minute. Does anyone else (who's a little bit chubbier) find it hard to shop, not because stuff doesn't fit, but because stores only carry like, 2 items in your size. What's up with that? There were actually a lot more bottoms I had, but they didn't have my size.  It's a little frustrating. I like how a lot of Old Navy stuff, especially tops, fit, WHEN and IF I can find my size! The worst part about Old Navy? The sizing varies SO MUCH from one item to the next. Jeans are terrible, you can be two sizes different in different styles. It's frustrating. (Or wonderful, when you are a size smaller than normal.)

One thing that always fits no matter how many Cadberry Cream Eggs you've eaten over the last few weeks? Shoes. Beautiful Shoes.
Stella really loved those green polka dot shoes, and her own reflection.


I love that Carrie and I are basically the same size in shoes, we got to share the trying on fun.

Even Carrie's feet are tanner than mine.
A great time was had by all, and we got to walk away with new bottom half outfits. A big thank you to Old Navy for the fun! Now if they had only picked up our check at Hacienda


And a big thank you to Lexi and NeNe for being my style ginny pigs. I really like these girls. 

Here's to more adventures soon! 






2 comments:

  1. I have definitively decided that the only reason it is hard for us curvier girls to find clothing that fits, is because 75% of the population is what hollywood likes to call "chubby." I however, see it as normal, beautiful, and the way we were meant to be. Stores are simply stocking too much of the smaller sizes, and not enough of the clothing to fit we, the normal. So there's my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that Liza! BOO HOLLYWOOD!

    ReplyDelete