Friday, December 14, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures

I love thrift stores. And there are some really great ones very close to me. My favorites? Ok, I'll share:

1. The Depot. In Goshen, right next to the Old Bag Factory. This is a great place for anything. Furniture, clothes, dishes. And also has a pretty great selection of antiques and craft supplies! And the prices...amazing. Better than Goodwill I'd say. And they always have a selection of stuff 1/2 off. They also have a section of "canning goods" where you can find canning jars (including mason jars) for between 10-20 CENTS! Boom.

2. Hart City Resale Mall. In Elkhart off of Nappanee/SR19. This place. is. huge. Some stuff is way overpriced, but if you've got the time and patience, you can find some real treasures.

3. Home Again. Downtown Goshen. There are a lot of antique/resale/thrift stores downtown Goshen, and I have yet to visit them all. But this one is really huge and cool. And their prices go down the longer an item sits on the shelf. Sometimes you can find a treasure that's been there forever, and you get a great price.

There are so many more, but I'd suggest you visit these three most of all. Here are some of the treasures I've found:


I got these beauties for about $1.50 a piece. I don't really know what to do with them...but they are pretty.

I love the look of old cameras. I'm a totally fake hipster thought because I know next to nothing about them.

I found this at Better World Books the other day. Someone please say they watched The Office Christmas episode and can laugh at this.

This mustache mug is amazing.

I found this chair for $3 and painted it and reupholstered the seat. Now I may redecorate my whole house to match it. 

This has been at the Hart City Resale Mall for a long time. I want it SO BAD but it's over $100. 

So cute tin toys I didn't need.

I made Stella a "dress up suit case" from mostly thrifted things. We always had a suitcase full of dress up clothes when I was growing up, so I decided every little girl needs one.


So get out there friends, and find some previously loved treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment