Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Gym. (And other musings by a red head)

Yay Gym. 

I really love GOING to the gym. It's fun being around other people working out, and I always want to tweet about it the whole time, so people know I don't just sit around eating cheese balls.




However, it's hard to actually get out the door. There are precious few hours when we are all home as a family, and it's cold outside, and I never know what to wear, and I don't want those skinny chicks behind the counter judging me. So I end up like this:

This will be my new profile picture for everything. I think I look awesome.

But once in a blue moon, I do go. Usually because my friend Janey (who's lost 140 pounds! That's NUTS!) makes me go. Tonight, I went to the gym. And I'm SO glad.

People need friends. People need someone in their life to encourage them when they need it, and discourage them when they need it. You need someone to laugh with. Who knows you, and loves you enough to speak truth into your life. I'm thankful to have multiple friends like this. I feel protected and cherished and a pain in my side from laughing so hard.

I left for the gym at 7 and got home at 10. That's a long time gymin it up. I would be really proud of myself, but I honestly didn't do a whole lot of work. I did a whole lot of laughing, and listening, and pretending to pump the weight thing while those skinny chicks glared at me. Although, I must have done something, because I just tried to move my legs and they said "B you crazy?". (My legs are very sassy).






Oh also....this happened last night: 


 Red. It was supposed to be "Medium golden brown". But it's growing on me. I might rock it. I'm thinking a bit shorter, with really choppy layers and bangs. Thoughts?

I feel like I'm channeling my high school days. I might pull out my MXPX cds and my old chuck taylors. I'm trying to convince Jeff to let me get a mini van and cover the back of it with band stickers.


Ah high school. Yes. The high point of my fashion career. Although...I do kinda like this hair. Although, I probably was not going for choppy layers. I probably had it spiked up in the back, and the gel gave out at the end of the day. 

I just realized that this post is way to full of pictures of myself. Although I am pretty good looking (for a girl). I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Lucy. Thanks for reading friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment