Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Four: A Friend I Adore

Ok. I should probably get out more. Because I wrote this long, sappy post last year about my BFF Carrie, and the first thing I thought about was to write about her again. I have new things I love about her. But I thought I'd try to branch out a little more.

This past year especially, I have come to really adore my friend Kathy Ryman.

I stole this from her facebook page. :)

Confession: I was really worried about working at camp this last summer without Carrie. Carrie and I were joined at the hip, and I was worried about being lonely. I remember talking to her about this and she said "Just stick close to Kathy, she'll take care of you." And I did. And I still do.

Kathy is old enough to be my mom, but I feel myself looking to her in a room full of "old people" as a peer. Honestly, I kind of want to be her. She quietly holds entire organizations and events together from behind the scenes. She will not tell you what you want to hear, she will tell you the truth. She has magic binders neatly organized and displayed in her office. She can keep the oldies in line, and hang with the teens. She tweets during meetings, and can kill a stupid idea with a look. She is kind, and loving, and generous, and...well...the Queen of Everything.

I adore her. I want to be her. 

Kathy Ryman...you are my hero. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment