Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day Ten: What I love about my job.

Done. This is what I love.

There's a lot more I love about being a stay at home mom. Want a list? Ok!

1. Sweat Pants. All day.
2. Weekday shopping
3. Naptimes
4. Being the first one to see almost everything she does.
5. Playing Barbies.

I do more than just wear sweatpants and play Barbies. I have started substitue teaching at the Christian School I graduated from. It's weird and wonderful at the same time. I really like working with kids, and it's nice to do it in a Christian atmosphere. However, it's totally strange to work with YOUR teachers. I also love that they don't really know my name now. "You're a Thomas right?!" Ha.
Also, I am, and will always work with Carrie at whatever fantastic project she is involved in. Right now it's conVERGE. A new kind of youth conference that I'm super pumped to help out with.
AND I've decided I'm crafty. So I'm involved in a bunch of craft bazaars. Which takes way to much time and money than they're worth, but always sounds super fun, and I get sucked in.

But mostly, I'm a stay at home mom. Which is incredibly evident by the fact that I wrote most of this blog holding a sleeping baby. No matter what I do, she is the first priority. I don't sub on gymnastics days, I won't make a conVERGE meeting tomorrow because she's already spent 2 whole days this week with "babysitters". (I put that in quotations, because it's just Grandma and Grandpa's house...which she loves, and I can't really get her to leave, so the time away is worse for me than her.) And she helps me craft. She is really good at handing me "ouchies" (pins).
I don't want her to ever think that the world revolves around her, but my world kind of does, for now at least. She is my job. She comes first. (Well...third...God, Marriage, than her....But she's before lots of other things...and saying "She comes third" sounds awful).

Well...10 days. Go me. Only 20 More!

P.S. Look at that picture of us again. Do you see the crazy difference in our skin tones? (it probably doesn't help that I mess with the color in iphoto, and use the "antique" tool) She's definitely got a lot of her dad in her.


No comments:

Post a Comment